Want to Create Your Dream House? At Carolina Custom Homes, we Specialize in Custom Modular Home Construction and Design
Building the home of your dreams has never been easier – or more affordable! At Carolina Custom Homes of Burlington, our mission is to build a beautiful home for your family at a reasonable price. We realize not every floor plan is perfect – which is why all of our homes are 100% fully customizable. Now, you can fully customize a modular home to suit your family’s needs.
What are Custom Modular Homes?
A modular home is built in sections, also known as “modules,” in a factory setting, and then fully assembled on your building site once every section is complete. Because they are constructed off-site in a climate-controlled setting, your home won’t be subject to adverse weather, temperature fluctuations, or potential theft or vandalism during the construction process. This streamlines the entire custom home building process, so you and your family can move in sooner rather than later. Because of their unique construction, modular homes are also highly energy-efficient, which means plenty of long term savings for you and your family.
However, there are plenty of design decisions and customizations that take place prior to construction. By building a custom modular home you have the ability to change your home’s floor plan. You’ll be able to move walls, modify rooms and spaces, and build additions such as decks, porches, second stories, or garages.
Once you begin your custom home building journey, the design process doesn’t end once you find the perfect single-family home floor plan. There are many customizations you can make to your existing home during your initial design consultation. From vaulted ceilings to custom cabinets, the sky truly is the limit when it comes to custom-designed modular homes. At Carolina Custom Homes, we’re here to help you create the perfect custom-built modular home, and will work alongside you every step of the way.
What is the Difference Between Custom Built Modular Homes vs. Stick-Built Homes?
A custom modular home offers the same high-end quality as a traditional “stick-built” home, but is often more affordable and more efficiently built. Both home types can be fully customized and built to fit your specifications, so you don’t have to worry about making sacrifices when it comes to building your dream home. The key difference between the two revolves around construction and how you design your own floor plan.
Custom-built modular homes give homeowners the opportunity to select a home they enjoy, from previously existing floor plans. From there, you’ll be able to alter the house plan to suit your needs, and licensed professionals will build the house you always dreamed of in the climate-controlled building site. With stick-built homes, you’ll be able to fully customize your home floor plan but can experience delays due to outdoor construction. That means more time spent waiting on contractors, rather than enjoying your brand new home.
Additionally, the average cost to build a custom modular home is more affordable than you think. While it typically costs upwards of $100 a square foot to build a stick-built home, modular homes average price per square foot is $85. When it comes to custom modular home construction costs, you’ll see a difference between the base price and total cost, but the overall cost benefits mean you’ll have an affordable custom home in half the time.
Now, it’s easier than ever to design your own custom modular home, with Carolina Custom Homes of Burlington.
Custom Modular Homes vs Stick Built Homes
Are manufactured off-site in a climate controlled setting and then
assembled on your lot later.
Won’t be affected by inclement weather until it’s ready for assembly.
Take 3-4 months to build, on average.
Are constructed on-site from start to finish.
Can be put on hold due to weather restrictions.
Take 6-8 months to build, on average.
What is Custom Modular Home Building Process Like?
The custom modular home building process is incredibly easy and enjoyable – you’ll be able to select your future home and pick out the finishes that make it unique to you and your family. When you work with one of our expert designers, you’ll be able to move walls, pick materials, change fixtures and hardware, all prior to construction. Our goal is to provide you with the most beautiful and affordable custom home floor plan possible. If you have something in mind, just communicate your vision with our designer. They’ll be able to show you what your design idea looks like before we get started on construction.
When you work with a designer from Carolina Custom Homes, you can expect:
- Communication, reliability, and pricing transparency
- All modular homes have a base price that we present to you prior to construction. We’ll then guide you through the customization process, where the total cost of your project will fluctuate depending on materials and features. There is no all in exact price for every home – because your floor plan is unique to you, the total price of every modular home will vary. Different materials have different price points. However, by working with an affordable custom home builder, we pledge to give you honest pricing and quoting every step of the way.
- Experienced specialists, who will present all your options
- Every family’s needs are different, so every one of our custom modular home floor plans is also different. You’ll work alongside individuals who are familiar with custom modular home construction, and design, so you can find the perfect floor plan. No two modular homes look the same.
- A professional construction team who works in a reasonable timeline
- Plenty of people wonder how long it takes to build a custom modular home. With our team of experts, customizing your home doesn’t mean you’ll have to wait an extra few months to move in. Our goal is to build your dream home as quickly and efficiently as possible, so you can move in sooner rather than later. We’ll give you a realistic build timeline from the beginning, so you know what to expect from the start.
- A full 2 to 10 year home warranty
- We want you to move in with peace of mind, which is why we back all of our modular homes with a warranty. This way you and your loved ones are protected for years to come.
Whether you want a traditional modular home or a unique floor plan for your family, designing your own custom modular home has never been easier.
Modular Home Customization Options
Maybe you’re wondering if all custom modular homes look the same because they are built in a factory? Short answer – absolutely not! No two homes designs are the same. Your house will be 100% unique to you and your family.
All of our homes are built to be highly energy-efficient and personalized to suit your family. To begin your custom home journey, just follow the four steps below.
- Browse our Floor Plans
- Before we can build your custom modular home, select an existing floor plan that suits your wants and needs. All of our floor plans on display are 100% fully customizable, so keep that in mind while you look. Think practically in terms of how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need – we’ll take care of the customizations during your design meeting.
- Select Your Floor Plan
- Once you’ve found a floor plan suitable for your family, we can move forward with the design process. From there we’ll be able to discuss home construction, timeline, and the base price of your home.
- Meet with a Designer
- During your design consultation, we’ll be able to walk through your selected floor plan and discuss possible design options such as add ons, second stories, garages, and decks. This will then give us the final cost estimate of your home.
- Discuss Important Features
- If there are additional features you need, or a wall that has to be moved, we will discuss those options as well.
From there, our builders will be able to add the home addition you asked for, change materials and finishes, and create the home of your dreams. We have a very in-depth design process, however, here are a few of the exciting features you can customize in your modular home:
- Exterior and Interior Finishes
- Wall and Floor Tile
- Floor plan
- Ceiling height
- Roof pitch
- Home Warranties
Besides these exciting features, you’ll also have the ability to:
- Move Walls within Your Home
- Whether you need additional space in your kitchen or living room or want a large walk-in closet for your master bedroom, we’ll be able to move walls within your floor plan. While we cannot adjust the total square footage, we can evaluate the dimension and sizing of your home. From there, it’s possible to move and eliminate walls to create the perfect floor plan for your family.
- Add Additions
- During the initial design consultation, you can specify what additions you’d like to add to your home. Whether that means building a wrap-around porch, multi-level deck, integrated garage, or finishing the basement, all of these projects are possible and have the ability to be completed prior to your move-in date.
- View Your Home Once It’s Been Moved
- Once we finish construction in our climate-controlled warehouse, we’ll take your home to your existing plot of land. From there, we will finish construction, and you’ll be able to see what your home looks like, and modify small features like lighting or hardware.
- Add the Final Touches
- Prior to moving in, we’ll walk through your home and make note of anything that looks out of place. We’ll also add final touches like lighting installation and personalized fixtures.
In North Carolina, the sky’s the limit when it comes to creating your dream modular home. All it takes is finding the right custom modular home builder.
What are the Advantages of Designing Your Own Custom Modular Home?
When you decide to build your own custom modular home, there are plenty of exciting benefits you won’t find anywhere else. The biggest takeaways include:
- A Consistent Construction Timeline
- We promise to provide you with reliable, updated information regarding the status of your home. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help and inform you of any changes or updates during construction.
- Constant Communication
- Instead of talking to a project manager inconsistently, you’ll be able to hear updates from our team on a regular basis. As your project progresses, we will be sure to inform you about the next steps and other important information.
- Highly Affordable Custom Home Construction and Service
- At Carolina Custom Homes of Burlington, we believe that building your dream home should be affordable. That’s why we make it our mission to offer our clients affordable custom modular home floor plans. You can still get everything you’ve been looking for, without breaking the bank.
- The Ability to Build Your Dream Home
- There is nothing quite like building the home of your dreams. The ability to bring your vision to life is an incredible experience for our team.
Have Questions About the Customization Process?
The home building process can be overwhelming at times. From additions to decking, there is a lot of decisions to be made. If you need more information regarding the customization process, we have plenty of resources available. Some of our favorites include:
- Modular Home Customization Options You Didn’t Know Were Possible
- A Complete Guide to the Custom Modular Home Experience
- The Homebuilding Process: 5 Steps to Building Your Dream Home
For any general questions, you can explore our frequently asked questions about modular homes. However, if you need more in-depth information, simply schedule a consultation with one of our team members. We are more than happy to walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you design a custom modular home at Carolina Custom Homes.
Get Started on Your Customized Modular Home
At Carolina Custom Homes of Burlington, we specialize in custom-built modular homes for families all across North Carolina. We promise to work with you to find and customize the perfect floor plan for your loved ones. From there, simply decide on finishes – we’ll get everything else in order so we can start building your dream home. Just view our customizable floor plans or contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Interested in learning more about our process and customization options? Check out our webinar, Modulars 101: Your Guide to Customization!